Sky TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dazzc

Car
Mercedes E200 2000
I'll try and keep this brief !

Sky contract ended so I rang to see what deals they would offer. We've been with them for over 10 yrs so I thought I'd chance my luck.

They wouldn't offer me anything so I told them to cancel my package.
Within 5 mins they offered me 25% discount off my £74 monthly subscription.

I rejected the offer and they said they would cancel my package in 31 days time.

I went to the sky website and chatted to an online advisor. Again within 5 mins they offered me my existing package for £49 month as long as I signed up there and then. I rejected the offer and told him I would just leave.

The next day I logged into the Sky app on my phone to find this

IMG_1496.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

£37 a month saving in less than 12 hours.

Maybe worth trying if your contract is up!

Good stuff. We did the same in December after the F1 season finished.

I told them to cancel and I'd join again in March ready for the new season. Can't remember the figures but Remember it wasn't far of half the price. Nothing for loyalty. Shame you have to goto these extremes for a good deal.

In all truth, we wouldn't be without Sky. Worth it alone for catch up, recording, multi room, pause & rewind. But I'd never tell them that.

Good on you.

Ant.

Yap we did the same and they reduced my package to £19 a month for 12/12. (Half price)

I phoned them a couple of weeks ago to cancel, my price was going up to £104 pm in July so thought I'd try my luck, first call got 20 percent off, wish I'd had the bottle to refuse and stick it out longer.

They must be losing a lot of customers looking at some of the offers coming out.

Look they refused you at the start because you have been with them for 10 years,anybody who pays the correct amount to sky are crazy,just tell them you cannot afford it,my step son has gone one step further he told them 18 months ago he could not afford it so they gave him 6 months free,this has been going on 3 times now last time Sky said as you are a valuable customer we will give you the 6 months free,he said how can I be a good customer you have had nothing from me for 18 months,they just blanked that,what anybody should do is ring them a month before the end of your contract and try to cancel they might let you do not panic two weeks later they will make you a offer,reject it and they will come back with a better one,it is that simple.

Yeah - I got my package free, though I can't remember if it was for 6 or 12 months. After which, I cancelled and went Freeview.

I did the same earlier this year except I never went back. Simply got Kodi instead, everything the same for free!

Also with virgin (sky does it too) as a 'new' member, try and speak to someone on the phone that is above the guy on the high st at the stall/guy outside tescos getting you to sign up- tell the person on the phone you'd like to join up but your existing provider is holding you to a cancelling fee (choose a random fee, be realistic) which you cannot afford, even though you would like to sign up with them- person on the phone will credit your new account with the sum of the 'cancellation' fee

Have helped four mates out doing the same, each time for £80 (virgin) and once for £60 (sky) Variables the same, full services package nothing fancy- Tv, broadband, phone

The missus' did this but was unhappy with virgin after messing up some installations, so they reduced her package to just line rental for broadband and she got herself an android box- she's still in credit with virgin for £80 :thumb:

Forgot to say, during my free period, I also got tickets to the British GP. :D

I recently cancelled Sky after 15 years of full TV package, finding it harder to justify nearly £1000 a year just for live F1, cricket and the occasional film. They tried the small discount (25% off for a year) offer, which I rejected. I heard nothing more. The buggers even stopped my Sky+ HD box from recording free TV as well as preventing me watching any of the stuff I had recorded before. I'm not impressed. My new Humax Freesat box is on its way.

Why do Sky give these discounts,well if you do not want to record programmes there are other ways to see all the programme's for practically nothing.

I couldn't justify £100/month+ for a TV service like this anymore.

There's a shed load of decent TV on Freeview and we have Netflix/Amazon Prime.

Regards the recording feature on Sky - was worth it ten years ago, not really anymore when everyone has access to catchup services such as iPlayer etc.

£100 a month, £1200 a year. Would rather spend it on another holiday personally :cool: :thumb:

Always cancel sky contracts......leave it a day or two and they will call. Last one was half price plus £100 credit on the account.

Done the same last month, went from £32 to £10 a month

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom