SKYNET is here and it's taking over..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Presumably they are limited to 4mph if running on footpaths , I wonder if they can go faster on the roads , but then they'd be mixing with traffic and we get into questions of insurance and liability if they become involved in an RTC ; are they considered autonomous vehicles ( which AIUI haven't yet been approved for use on UK roads ) , or are they unmanned vehicles , effectively 'drones' which aren't allowed to operate within 500 ft of populated areas and need to be operated by a licensed operator ....

I don't expect to see them anytime soon where I live , out in the country , with no footpaths and NSL on most roads , with unsighted bends , and at pedestrian speeds an hour or more away from most establishments .

Could be a jolly good wheeze to sneak up behind them ( looks like their cameras face forwards ) and tip them over - a bit like some go in for 'cow tipping' in the USA :D

Probably a reference to where they are built...though that would be Estonia, not Poland.
I could half understand a reference to a Chinese, Indian or Italian accent.

Never had a Polish takeaway.

A year or so ago I used to see these being tested by Hermes around the New Kent Road in London whilst on my commute. That’s not the most salubrious area so I was surprised at them being tested there. After I’d seen them a few times it dawned on me that each one was being followed by a human minder keeping an eye on it...

After I’d seen them a few times it dawned on me that each one was being followed by a human minder keeping an eye on it...

As they said in the video I linked to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom