Skype over bluetooth ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gtione

Car
Mercedes E350 Coupe
I am yet to recieve my car but have a question about the command system.

I have an Iphone 4 and on this I have installed Skype. My question is, if I can make skype calls over bluetooth the same way I would make normal calls.

Some systems do not allow this and will not transfer VOIP calls over bluetooth. My previous Nokia E71 allowed this feature in my Lexus IS220D.

Does anybody have experience with this issue?

Thx as always:dk:

You can use Skype on Iphone with no problems as long you have access to WiFi. Skype on Iphone dont use bluetooth.

I had Iphone and I was using skype allthe time - as long I was connected to my wireless conection or cought free wireless HOT-SPOT.

You can use Skype on Iphone with no problems as long you have access to WiFi. Skype on Iphone dont use bluetooth.

I had Iphone and I was using skype allthe time - as long I was connected to my wireless conection or cought free wireless HOT-SPOT.

Skype does not require wifi and works fine over 3g with the iphone 4. My question was specfic to use over the comand system.

Phone calls in the car are handled by bluetooth. Skype calls worked this way in my Lexus. i.e the voice came over the multi media system.

So my question remains out there.

So you'll be paying for the Skype call if using 3G ? So why not just use a normal call - is it significantly lower cost to Skype?

Incidentally, how do you like the E-class coupe? I'm considerring one

^ no he won't be paying for the skype call over 3g as he will have 'unlimited' data allowance - his question is valid!

I think you will be able to use the system to hear and speak over, but will need to "make" the call by using the handset - not through the command menus - you can do this to make a call with the handset over the gsm network so just bluetooth pair it and use the handset to start / end the call - I can't think of another way to do it.

OK, I'm with you so far, free from UK mobile service provider charges, which seems great but Skype's only free to another Skype user, not to a non-Skype number surely? So I'm thinking lower cost rather than free? (and that's assuming the call would be in excess of any bundled minutes which would have meant "free" otherwise). Probably wants to call other Skype numbers I guess.

Apologies for steering away from the real question but the cost issue came to mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom