Skype - Wifi Phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WLeg

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB GLC250
Anyone used one ? recommendations ?

Also, anyone on Skype Pro ?

reason - going to Miami for 2 weeks... need to stay in touch...and appear in the UK.......

I have a Samsung DECT system that incorporates Skype. Brilliant and you can also use Skype Out which connects to the normal phone system in the country you want to connect to. This costs fractions of the price of normal calls. I think 0.017 of a euro per minute to New Zealand??

No knowledge of the Video Skype or Skype Pro

Good luck
John

Using Skype though laptop travelling around.. it's great for calling back home, but i'm thinking of switching to google talk.. need to switch to the majority even if it's not so good. As long as i get a connection is all i want. Skype so far has never let me down but more people a moving away because of cost..

Skype is cool, its has definiltely come a ong way over the past year, and I have found that the clarity has really improved a lot.

You can also get some bluetooth wireless headsets which work with your pc to make it a wireless conversation.

Definitely worth checking out and its free!

Skype is cool, its has definiltely come a ong way over the past year, and I have found that the clarity has really improved a lot.

You can also get some bluetooth wireless headsets which work with your pc to make it a wireless conversation.

Definitely worth checking out and its free!

As a fail safe I use Plantronics DSP400 headsests over USB. They are one of the most advanced headphones around.

I bought a Linksys CIT200 cordless Skype phone which arrived yesterday. Worked fine for a conversation with my brother in Cairo. It's a cordless phone but probably wouldn't be that convenient for working with a laptop as it has a USB base station that has to be plugged in to the computer.

I bought a Linksys CIT200 cordless Skype phone which arrived yesterday. Worked fine for a conversation with my brother in Cairo. It's a cordless phone but probably wouldn't be that convenient for working with a laptop as it has a USB base station that has to be plugged in to the computer.

Last time I checked, laptops were computers too.

Last time I checked, laptops were computers too.

I guess Peter was getting at the portability though which a laptop has but a PC doesn't . The more add ons you need makes a laptop less and less portable ;)

i use skype a lot , great. Got skype out.

Can't complain what so ever. Service is good enough for me not to worry about how much its costing . Quality of service is always there.

how are you going to be keeping your data connection going? If its wifi , one of those skype handsets might be your best bet. Can keep it on without running your laptop.

For me , when over in the US , i just used my mobile. Cost a fair bit , but was by far the easiest way. Not tied down to a data connection.

I guess Peter was getting at the portability though which a laptop has but a PC doesn't . The more add ons you need makes a laptop less and less portable ;)

Pammy, you guessed right. Thanks for the input. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom