SL 129 Leather Retrim Pics!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Just posting up some pics of a leather retrim i have just had done through Mercland.com for forum member downs_gj@tiscal

thought it may be of interest...

retrim.jpg

retrim2.jpg

retrim3.jpg

retrim4.jpg

retrim5.jpg

Looks good!

Noice work with the 2 tone theme as well, not normally a fan of the inner parts of the seats a darker shade, but that works well.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set the customer back?

Stunning.

Come on... how much...

Nicely done. I like the 2 tone theme :D

yes the interior will get fully valeted..

Its supposed to be a little loose, this is very soft leather, nowhere near as hard as the leather we get from mercedes...

I can assure you that the quality of the work is second to none... really are very very professional trimmers..

Today they are doind 95 leather seats for american tractors... they looked 10x the quality we would get brand new from Mercedes..
They also do all the hundreds of seats for a major rail company..

KLP - He paid £1300 all in for the job. Took about 2 weeks..

Jay I'm not convinced it's the leather - there are inconsistencies between the front seats in your own photos. The rear seats where they meet the centre console should be completely smooth.

Jay I'm not convinced it's the leather - there are inconsistencies between the front seats in your own photos. The rear seats where they meet the centre console should be completely smooth.

The rear seats are ppractically impossible to retrim due to the fact that MB leather is bonded onto the foam. Whilst removing the leather the foam underneath gets damaged and its virtually impossible to bond the new leather on perfectly.

I've seen the rear seats done alot worse, i would say its a very good job, especially at that price.

I see what you mean on the front seats. To be honest, i am yet to meet a trimmer that can retrim better than factory. You get close, but never 100%.

When a car is freshly retrimmed it always looks good, its how it looks after a year of use that will truly show how good the trimmer is. The saggy areas will crease over time.

Looks nice, one thing I did notice is they have made a better job of the door closing handle, the original is not leather, but a vinyl without a backing that is over stretched on the original and soon wears through.

Looks nice, one thing I did notice is they have made a better job of the door closing handle, the original is not leather, but a vinyl without a backing that is over stretched on the original and soon wears through.

you should have seen those handles before!

Overall i think its a fantastic job.. I dont think you can tell quality of the job just by the pics.. see it in person and i bet youd be impressed...

Im impressed, especially for the price. You might find a PM on its way to you RE the CE.

yes no worries mate... my 107 is being retrimmed w/c 29th and then after that i can get another one in..

you should have seen those handles before!

Overall i think its a fantastic job.. I dont think you can tell quality of the job just by the pics.. see it in person and i bet youd be impressed...

I can see that is a super job, and I know your high standards

Thanks everyone for your opinions of the new interior.
I absolutely love the look of it now. It was all Orion grey before, with nicks small rips and scuffs on the seats, door cards etc. I always wanted 2 different colours, and decided to keep with the original Orion grey, but contrast it with the same darker grey that is on the dash and steering wheel.
Yes Malcolm you're correct in saying the grab handles become ripped especially the drivers side. It feels good in your hand now - thick leather giving a solid grip, and the stitching detail is superb.
I also decided to have the roll bar in the darker grey, just to make it a little bit different.
As for the saggy bits, well i've sat in the car and it all feels and looks good to me, and I would recomend the trimmers to anyone, and once again a BIG thanks to Jay.
If anyone is ever in my area and wants to see it just send me a PM, and i'll be happy to show it to you.
I washed it today, and the weather is going to be good again tomorrow, so roof down and cruise!

Looks great :) I bet you're chuffed to pieces.

For ur info . . .Your interior cost as much as my car :rolleyes:

Just to put the spectrum of members into perspective :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom