SL 350 fuel gauge problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aircondoc

Car
2004 R230 SL350
Hi, everyone.
My SL350 (R230) fuel gauge recently stopped working. As there were no other problems on the instrument cluster, I figured it must be the sender. I acquired a s/h one from fleabay but same problem. When the sender is unplugged - ignition on - the gauge goes to Full and range shows 513 miles. Plug in and Empty with just "---mpg" as range. Any ideas please? Oh I'm also getting a "marker light" fault for left and right. Don't know if that's linked to the fuel gauge thing.
Thanks in advance
Eddie

The marker light thing is a coding issue - i.e it thinks its a USA car with side light markers.

So I suspect something has lost it's configuration. I can't remember where the sender connects to, but suspect whatever that is or the cluster.

May just need re-coding may be worse.

My car has suddenly started 'bipping' on locking, so it has forgotten something (which I think is the rear SAM, which is probably where the fuel sender connects to as thats in the rear and near it)

Richard

Got car on Star today and it's pointing to the rear SAM, so it looks like checking connections for me this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom