SL 350 (R230) weird odometer readings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pls440

Car
Sl350
Hi,Strange newbie question here. Has anyone else experienced magically increasing mileage. I bought a low mileage R230 last week and every time I park it up, I go back to the garage to find the mileage shown has increased while it's been parked. Is this a known fault?
The car definitely hasn't been borrowed as its in a locked garage and I have the only key. Thought I was imagining it at first, but having written down the last mileage it's gone up again.
Any ideas please

Being facetious, I can only think it's trying to tell you something.

Did you check the historic mileage readings of its MOTs on the DVLA vehicle history website?

Got all the mots and full hpi / history check all in order. Maybe you're right about it trying to tell me something, or perhaps I've finally lost it, but the numbers are definitely changing.

Does the odometer sync to the ECU? So if somebody changes the clocks? The mileage re-syncs

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

These two threads on another forum may take you a bit further:

Odometer Dashes - Mercedes-Benz Forum

2004 CLK (W209) showing "-----" on dash after speedometer change - Mercedes-Benz Forum

If nothing else, a word with Midland Mileage Correction (referenced in the second thread) may find out where the mileage is actually stored and what could possibly cause the displayed value to change.

Midland Mileage Correction :: Mileage Correction in the West Midlands inc. Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Birmingham and many more!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom