SL 400 V6 Grand Edition Premium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peterkin

Car
MB 2019 SL 400 V6 Grand Edition Premium
A bit fiddly to get the hang of this site, but I guess I will warm to it as I go along.
This Mercedes is the first car I’ve ever bought without first test driving or even sitting in it. As I have owned an SLK 200 remapped to 250bhp I knew I wanted a more sedate experience in “THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD”. While I was scrolling through the inventory of my favourite dealership, this beautiful Obsidian Black beauty with 3200 miles on the clock beckoned me.
I phoned to enquire if they would take “Gertrude” in p/ex and a deal was struck.
As I took delivery of it 8 days later I was awe struck with its serenely beautiful lines and couldn’t wait to let it envelope me in its immaculate comfort.
As a ‘rookie’ on this site, I’m sure you don’t want me to wax lyrical about how the 9G 3995cc engine spurts into life with all its driving permutations and FANTASTIC road holding in ALL weathers - so I won’t.
Suffice to say that this will be my last hurrah for the Internal Combustion Engine and what a ride it’s going to be!!!

A bit fiddly to get the hang of this site, but I guess I will warm to it as I go along.
This Mercedes is the first car I’ve ever bought without first test driving or even sitting in it. As I have owned an SLK 200 remapped to 250bhp I knew I wanted a more sedate experience in “THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD”. While I was scrolling through the inventory of my favourite dealership, this beautiful Obsidian Black beauty with 3200 miles on the clock beckoned me.
I phoned to enquire if they would take “Gertrude” in p/ex and a deal was struck.
As I took delivery of it 8 days later I was awe struck with its serenely beautiful lines and couldn’t wait to let it envelope me in its immaculate comfort.
As a ‘rookie’ on this site, I’m sure you don’t want me to wax lyrical about how the 9G 3995cc engine spurts into life with all its driving permutations and FANTASTIC road holding in ALL weathers - so I won’t.
Suffice to say that this will be my last hurrah for the Internal Combustion Engine and what a ride it’s going to be!!!
Welcome to the forum. Great car choice.

We need to see pictures :)

Welcome.

Are you sure it is a 4L engine? Mine isn’t.

After all those boasts buddy , we are going to need pics ….welcome to the forum

It is these days, when the numbers on the boot often are no indication of engine size, particularly in the more powerful versions. Oddly enough, they usually suggest a bigger engine than the reality; I wonder why...

It is these days, when the numbers on the boot often are no indication of engine size, particularly in the more powerful versions. Oddly enough, they usually suggest a bigger engine than the reality; I wonder why...

The first one I remember was the 1.8 litre SLK 200 (R171) back in 2004, but there may have been others before that! Our current C300 is a 2.0, but the C230 we had before that was a 2.5 :)

The number is now more representative of the power output? The 3ltr t/t SL400 develops as much as a n/a 4ltr?

It could be worse ... like Audi's naming system:

The names increase in an increment of five depending on the output of any specific model. As an example, the Q2 1.6 TDI will become the Q2 30 TDI.

This initially creates eight new model designations:

- 30 for models with between 81 and 96kW (107 and 127bhp)

- 35 for models with between 110 and 120kW (145 and 159bhp)

- 40 for models with between 125 and 150kW (165 and 198bhp)

- 45 for models with between 169 and 185kW (223 and 244bhp)

- 50 for models with between 210 and 230kW (278 and 304bhp)

- 60 for models with between 320 and 340kW (423 and 449bhp)

- 70 for models with more than 400kW (529bhp)

The designation of each model is linked directly to the output of the driveline, irrespective of its layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom