SL 500 ABC VALVE BLOCK REPAIR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve1985

Car
Sl 500 2003 fully loaded
The passenger's side front suspension starts to sag after sitting for a short period, Once the car is started and the suspension adjustment button is pressed, the ride height returns to normal and all is well.

I've already flushed/rodeo the system with fresh fluid and changed the filter but it did not solve the issue. From what I've read, it appears to be caused by the rubber o-rings deteriorating in the ABC valve blocks. All four struts and tandem pump are dry with no visible fluid leaks. Also, the fluid level in the reservoirs remain full.

Locating and removing the front/rear valve block doesn't appear to be a big job and they seem to be pretty easy to access. Are there any special tools/tricks/tips for replacing the o-rings that I should be aware of ahead of time?

Has anybody also bought a repair kit from ebay? if so which one?

there are lots of threads in regard to this topic but nobody has explained the removal of the block process, do i need to clamp the hoses or something? will the valve hold alot of pentosin, do i just go ahead and undo them or do i have to do something first?

thanks in advance guys

There are a few videos on YouTube if you search!

I’ve done it on a CL, there is a company online who do proper repair kits, could be invasion auto parts in the USA or something but it’s been afew years since I have done it!

The lines do tend to be stuck on to the block itself pretty good but otherwise it’s not a bad job to do.

Be careful when removing the solenoids, the clips are fragile and tend to snap.

Not on removal there isnt hence this post
There are quite a few, I've watched them several times.

I’ve done it on a CL, there is a company online who do proper repair kits, could be invasion auto parts in the USA or something but it’s been afew years since I have done it!

The lines do tend to be stuck on to the block itself pretty good but otherwise it’s not a bad job to do.

thanks for the reply, did you do anything prior to removing the hydraulic lines, i mean do you just un do them and put a bucket underneath to catch whats in them?

thanks for the reply, did you do anything prior to removing the hydraulic lines, i mean do you just un do them and put a bucket underneath to catch whats in them?

It was a while ago now, pretty sure I just undid them with a bucket underneath.

Something at the back of my mind about 2 generations of valve block- the early ones with removeable valve elements the later ones sealed units meaning entire block replacement the only option????????????
could be my memory playing tricks mind:confused:

On the Mercedes owners club forum a member, Craiglxviii, is selling top quality repair kits for less than the ebay ones.

Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Craig’s are all Viton, top quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom