SL 500 (W231 / R231) MB dealership purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgow

Car
W231 SL500, W211 E280, W124 E300, W171 SLK200
Paid a deposit on 2012 SL500. 31K miles. car just been serviced and MOTed. had new front discs pads and one new caliper.

Inchcape dealership will refurbish one wheel and replace windscreen because of a small chip. The car will come with a 12 month approved Mercedes warranty.

- I asked to see the health check report for the car but for some reason the salesman couldn't find it. Should I ask for a new one?

- I forgot to check the command version. I expect the map may need upgrade. Should I bother? How much I need to pay for that or the dealership may do it as courtesy?

- Any recommendation please for other things I should ask to be done to the car before I take deliver?

Thank you

Definitely get sat nav update for free. Check condition of wipers; won’t be cheap to replace

Post pics when you get it

Thank you all.

Will ask the dealer to do map update and see what they will say.

The car has MB FSH and last service was a B service this year. New tyres and new front discs and pads. They also replaced one front caliper as the bleeding nipple was damaged. New wipers. Transmission fluid replaced 2016.

There is few stone chips a couple of them are "bad" but the salesman said for a 6 years old car they won't repaint the bonnet or professionally touch up paint because they already spent too much money on the car. He offered that one of the salesmen can do the touch paint himself I kindly declined and will deal with it myself. Also, the "volume up" "+" button on the steering wheels is "worn" but the dealer said it's wear and tear and won't replace it. He quoted me £250 for replacing the button (£91 the unit price of 4 buttons Plus 1 hour labour).

I would appreciate if someone can please check the Engine number and chassis number if there is any due updates or recall (Chassis number: WDD2314732F005775. Engine number: 27892730045850.)

Many thanks for your help and will post pics when I get it

Definitely get sat nav update for free. Check condition of wipers; won’t be cheap to replace

Post pics when you get it

Whats special about the wipers that makes them expensive? Curious thats all..

Whats special about the wipers that makes them expensive? Curious thats all..

magic vision control .. they have holes on each side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom