SL 55 accelerator pedal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karozza

Car
SL55 AMG/C180 K
Think it's time for a new one!

A year or so ago, while on STAR, it detected a fault in memory regarding accelerator pedal failure. I do remember occasionally losing power on a spirited run when flooring it to full revs. Then, either switching off the engine or while still on the move further along the road power will come back. In the meantime, car will not pick up revs or switch gear. Now having these symptoms more often.

So, best price//place to buy online as I want to get this sorted before I go for a weekend run to Sicily!?

Pedal

Hi 'karozza' I bought one a couple of years ago and from memory it was about £140 ish which isn't too bad from a main dealer, and very simple to fit. I had the same issues as you are describing and all was well after a replacement pedal was fitted.
I would not consider buying anything other than an oem part.

Matt :thumb:

mattk1 said:
Hi 'karozza' I bought one a couple of years ago and from memory it was about £140 ish which isn't too bad from a main dealer, and very simple to fit. I had the same issues as you are describing and all was well after a replacement pedal was fitted. I would not consider buying anything other than an oem part. Matt :thumb:

Would you happen to know the part number? Then, I could order it from Sickly prior to my visit & replace when I'm there. As you say, I don't think it's difficult, just a screwdriver I believe.

Sorry, I wouldn't have a clue as to the part number for your car. You need to ring whoever you're going to purchase it from and give them your vin number and then they will get the correct part.
As you say fitting is extremely easy. Good luck.

Matt :thumb:

Or post up your VIN here, so any members with EPC can look it up for you.

Sounds like the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), basically the pedal.

STAR will tell you the fault.

The TPS failed on my brother's CLK (we replaced with a used one for £20), there is a part number printed on the pedal.

Yes, I could take off my pedal to look at the part number. Might even try a used one if reasonably cheap but so far can only find them from the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom