sl 55 amg on piston heads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A nice looking car - anyone else think those wheels are replicas though?

Those alloys a definitely replicas and ..................9k to de-restrict the car?

Think he's trying his look, especially with saying make him an offer.

Whats it worth £25k?

i emailed him to see what he will take for it. says he has declined offers around £31000

Yeah suppose £30k is about right when looking on autotrader, for £28/£29k you can get an 04 with more milage but similar spec, albeit without the de-restriction.

Why would you pay to de-restrict a SL55 other than to cane it on a Track Day?

Possibly just to have the "Utimate" - or bragging rights down the pub?

Does a de-restrict really increase the BHP?? I thought it just removed the limited top speed.

I think its the 517BHP version with slightly different brakes etc.

hey

Car is worth about £25k not more then that. He will not get £31k he is on drugs

acid

I think its the 517BHP version with slightly different brakes etc.

I think the 517bhp come in 2006 , i think they have is a bigger 80mm TB to give it more power, then the normal early SL.

acid

A member on here - Tony Musgrave (tonym I think) had one of these. From memory his one had different vents on the front valance, to allow for the additional oil cooler to work - part of the performance pack. It looks similar in colour to his.

I think the guy who's selling it is smoking something - not worth that much. I'd love to see the chassis no to verify it...

VIN:REG.NUMBER: j888edf
WDB2304742F030048

Engine No:11399260004026

Reg Date:17-09-2002

Can't get details from MB Russian Website.

spoke to mercedes and they said nothing extra has been done to the engine. Also the data card for the car says the same.

Olny the way he has more power could have been done with a remap.

acid

So no official performance pack upgrade then. May as well be a standard sl55 with some fiddling. Definitely doesn't make it worth £31k then !

so if i was interested in it what do you think its actually worth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom