SL 55 AMG Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mika

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes
A friend has recently acquired an SL 55 AMG which has undergone a remap estimated to be up to say 600bhp

He would like to take it back down to the standard settings which i estimate involves CPU adjustments and would it need pulley changes etc is it a big job and would it likely involve much cost?
Could he just change the CPU and leave the pulleys?

If it's just been mapped , get the dealer to flash the ECU with the original map.

If it's just been mapped , get the dealer to flash the ECU with the original map.

thanks
can the mechanical changes be left or do they need changing back?

Hey Mika!
Long time no lookie! :D
Hope you are well.

Just out of interest, why does he want the car put back to standard?
Is he worried about too much attain being put on engine components etc?

Hey Mika!
Long time no lookie! :D
Hope you are well.

Just out of interest, why does he want the car put back to standard?
Is he worried about too much attain being put on engine components etc?

Hi Rashman hope you are well also
hes new to high performance cars so feels the standard set up will be sufficient and doesnt wish to be marginal on insurance - ive driven the car quite hard and found it to be a bit of a handful ,very quick off the mark but nowhere near as stable exiting bends and generally struggled with grip also

Last edited:
Hi Mika,

Its probably advisable to change the Pulley back to the standard one, probably loads about as its the same as any 55K engine.

He will find it drives a bit rough and the last thing he would want is to have fuel starvation and do some damage.

1. Change pulley
2. Get Dealer to put standard map back on

Alps

There will probably be someone on here who would be willing to swap pulleys if they want an upgrade aswell?

I'm looking at mods for my sl55, I'd be really interested in the pulley one way or another. I don't want to seem over keen but I'm all ears!

A friend has recently acquired an SL 55 AMG which has undergone a remap estimated to be up to say 600bhp

He would like to take it back down to the standard settings which i estimate involves CPU adjustments and would it need pulley changes etc is it a big job and would it likely involve much cost?

I would swop a E55 AMG crank pulley for your mates one :thumb:

mika said:

I would say either the car is producing less than 600 bhp or the car is more modified than your friend has been told. I would check the following;

Is the exhaust standard including all cats?
check headers are they the original cast ones or do the look like tubular headers?
Throttle Body remove the air boxes and check the diameter
Pulley measure the diameter

He may be lucky and it's just been remapped.

Have a chat with acid at MSL to see if he has any standard pulleys

Gents many thanks for all the responses
i will check with him and report back:thumb:

Hi All
hes had the car a few weeks now and is very comfortable with the performance he will be leaving it in its current guise
I think hes got the bug hes talking trackdays now;)
thanks for your advice

Last edited:
Hi All
hes had the car a few weeks now and is very comfortable with the performance he will be leaving it in its current guise
I think hes got the bug hes talking trackdays now;)
thanks for your advice
Suspected this would be the outcome ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom