Sl 600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Might there be a plate change data mismatch?

Also it is half the price of a similar mileage example which would concern me

The quality of the advert is also not promising

I guess its possible...

Could it be the owners just changed this to another damaged car?

Whats with the dog in the passenger seat in the last picture.

Did he turn up in that car park and misunderstand the meaning behind "Dogging" ..

Also it is half the price of a similar mileage example which would concern me

The price is about what i would expect, with more room to haggle, the others at twice the price are dreaming, 5 owners and "service history" with no mention of full or FMBSH.

Last edited:
The reg has previously been on 2 written off Merc's, a C43 (Cat B) and a 190 (Cat C).
Its currently showing on a red Porsche 944 on HPI, so you'd need the VIN of previous reg to investigate the status of the SL if you were thinking of buying it as it seems to have been put on it recently.

Its on this car.. if you check the Mot history , its quite interesting, definetly registered to this V12 merc.

The reg has previously been on 2 written off Merc's, a C43 (Cat B) and a 190 (Cat C).
Its currently showing on a red Porsche 944 on HPI, so you'd need the VIN of previous reg to investigate the status of the SL if you were thinking of buying it as it seems to have been put on it recently.

how did you get this type of info on the registration??

Its on this car.. if you check the Mot history , its quite interesting, definetly registered to this V12 merc.

Remember, private plates "screw" the MOT checker, as it carries mileages with it, not the vehicle.

It has been discussed on this forum many times, when how mileage can suddenly drop from 100K + to less than 30K..
Simply because it has been transferred onto a vehicle with less miles, (It is the newer vehicle that shows up on the checker but with the odd pattern of previous miles carried with it).

This gives the impression the milage has been altered, when its the MOT checker thats wrong.

:thumb:

Last edited:
The mileages seem to match , I was just replying to KevM1979 post saying it was registered to a Red Porsche 944 on HPI as on the Mot site its this SL600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom