SL how to put bootlid in service mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dickster

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL55
I need to change the K57 relay. How do I move the bootlid out of the way into service mode? At the moment I can’t remove the panel to gain access to the relay.

Thanks

There was a very useful link from another forum showing how to hold the roof in the semi open position to gain access to the seals but I can’t seem to find it now.

Perhaps it may have helped but I seem to recall you can open the boot using the emergency key to gain access.

I need to change the K57 relay. How do I move the bootlid out of the way into service mode? At the moment I can’t remove the panel to gain access to the relay.

Thanks
There isn't a "service mode" for the boot lid as far as I know. Is it that you can't open the boot lid at all?

There is a service mode which means the boot lid detaches from most of its points and can be moved outward and supported with the appropriate tools. Here is a picture I found: mercedes R230 trunk lid service mode

However, you don't need to do that to remove the panel, you just need to remove some of the clips in the closed position and some in the open position !

R

How do you remove the panel without putting boot lid in service mode? The hinge mechanism along the top each side is in the way?

Thanks

look when the roof is half open and when it’s open - you can see all the clips and the bar is out the way in one of the positions.

look when the roof is half open and when it’s open - you can see all the clips and the bar is out the way in one of the positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom