SL R107 part numbers please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
Anybody know the part numbers please for anti- rollbar bushes , and nsf "steering pivot" ( mot testers description ) , for a 73 450sl r107 ?

Front anti-rollbar? Mounting rubbers are A114 323 05 85. Full overhaul kit A115 320 00 47. I'd be surprised if the O/S clamp comes off without revealing some rust around the towing point.

"n/s steering pivot" you'll need to nail down to something more specific. Top or bottom ball joint? track rod end? steering idler?

Check all these part nos against your vin when ordering.

Thanks Druk , decided it was time to act on the advisories from April M.O.T.,
Yes , it was front anti - rollbar bushes (both sides ) , and i must admit , i was expecting a fail on the steering as there is about 30mm play on steering wheel , so will probably end up replacing all the rod ends . Also slight clunk when engaging drive , possibly u.j. but the tester was vague when i asked if that was "propshaft component defective". Hopefully its the u7.j.and nothing more serious .

30mm play at the wheel isn't really excessive. It should have quite a bit around the straight ahead position otherwise the thing stiffens up on lock. There's an adjuster on the top of the box to remove slight excess.
The clunk might well be the UJ, I had to do my front last year and it came out in bits. It's a devil to access so do the center bearing and mount at the same time and save double the work later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom