SL R231 - Jacking & axle stands

• Thread starter Deleted member 126251
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 126251

It has been donkeys years since I jacked a car. I'm planning to get a trolley jack and some axle stands to get my wheels off the ground so that I can give them a thorough cleaning and protective coating.

I have a long breaker lever, a torque wrench and the correct sockets.

Will order the jacking blocks/adaptors and need a new (trolley) jack as I only have a bottle jack that will not fit under the car.

Any issues to be alert for. I'm assuming..... Jack, place stand, lower axle onto stand.

Guidance appreciated - thanks.

From the front of the car, place the trolley jack under the exposed rubber block beneath the engine to raise the front place axle stands under lower suspension arms then from the rear under the diff to raise the rear....

Hi guys, I've got a 2015 R231 SL400. It passed the MOT today but the tester said one of the jacking points (OSF) had been damaged, and basically pushed forward and sideways (slightly damaging the trim underneath the car). He said it wasn't a big deal as the jacking points "can be unscrewed and the replacement part from MB is about £30". I have never heard of jacking points being damaged like this and presumably the previous owner has caught it on a speed bump or similar. Any thoughts welcome please as to whether this is an easy fix and by "just unscrew" do they actually mean "unbolt it"? I can cope with unscrew and/or unbolt but if we are talking about welding I am already out of my depth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom