Sl roof twitching noises

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karozza

Car
SL55 AMG/C180 K
Which spray lubricant may I use to eliminate slight jerky twitching noises coming from the roof when closed??

Hi,

I know this may not be a help, but I have the same problem. I took it into my local MB and they said, and I quote "as its a convertible hard top, you are bound to get noises like this. If you want it sorting, it will be a 3-4 hour job to strip the roof, find the noisy part and lubricate it. So I think you will be better off just living with it."

Great help.

If you find a solution, please let me know!!

That will certainly help with the rubber seals and may well be worth giving a try.

I think though that these roofs are inheritantly rattly - this was a criticism many motoring journalists brought up when first launched IIRC.

Which model of SL is the OP talking about?

There is a silicone lube available from MB that fixes this issue. Just wipe it on the seals.

I've heard various brands have these squeaky noises from hard top convertible tops & a lubricant does exist. I will try & find it or look up what is recommended on here

Our SL roof doesn't make any noise at all and all I use is 303 aerospace protectant on the seals.

SamPcdCar said:
Our SL roof doesn't make any noise at all and all I use is 303 aerospace protectant on the seals.

Where can I buy this protectant on line??

SamPcdCar said:

Better still; which one do you use??

JRH30 said:
I use Wurth Rubber Fit.
Does it eliminate most of the creaking?? Also, does it last??

Last edited:
Was recommended to me. Dont have any creaks so more a preventative measure but have only been using it a few months. So far so good.

Karozza, how did you get on with this?

First, I sprayed Gummi Pfledge from Wurth, then 303 Aerospace on the rubber seals. After that, some ordinary grease on the locking/latch roof mechanism.

Now, no more squeaks or twicthes :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom