sl stereo system sl320 1999-who knows it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darragh1

Hi, thanks for your patience-
sl320 129064 2F 177 672
810 is the stereo system number as per my cars data sheet.

This is the speaker system my 1999 sl320 should have based on my phonecalls to MB and Bose.
http://www.bose.ie/IE/en/Images/Mercedes-Benz SL_Model Year 1993-1999_EN_tcm46-6225.pdf

Summary-
doors big/small speakers (bose) - I have

rear - speakers - I dont have - (I have the rear seat option and not the parcel shelf and carpetted areas where the rear speakers would fit and no holes where the speakers might have been)

rear - bassbox with amp attached onto the top - I don't have - when I pulled out my rear seat I found rear left a pocket/slot the size of an amp and a socket/wiring harness with the word AMP and the socket part number but no actual amp. There is no space under the rear seat for the bass box and no hidden under the carpets or seats space for the bass box.

front - the link doesn't mention dash tweeters - which I have

I have an aftermarket JVC HU (no need to point out that it is inappropriate for my system)
My dash tweeters don't work and I have no amp and when I called bose and MB they think I should have the full system as per link above.

I know the wiring block from the car to HU is original with the double block A and B (iso) sockets and the D2B fibre optics block for the cd changer in the boot (The cd changer does not connect to the back of the HU - I don't need the cd changer and have removed it) The wiring to the speakers is original too. No machettéing has been done I am sure - just the JVC HU installed diredtly via the double block from the car (A and B).

I don't care if I don't have the bass box or the rear speakers but I would like to attach an original amp and maybe get the dash tweeters to work.

Any light on this subject welcomed
- what system should mu car have if it has rear seats (rear seats have original MB part number if that's relevant)?
- can I attach an amp (without the bass box)?
- I want the dash tweeters to work - possible?

Any help greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Darragh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom