SL129 What size tyres for these rims...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keysl

Car
CLK 320
Have a '94 SL. The rim sizes are 18x8 on the front and 18x8.5 on the back. They are the regular AMG reps you see on a lot of SL's from this era.

It's currently sat on (what I think are the wrong size)

Front - 235/40 18
Rear - 265/35 18

I think the correct sizes would be....

Front - 245/40 18

Rear - 275/35 18

Am I on the right track?

Attachments

• car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 105
I think they`re the just about the maxx you can get,so they`re right

The ones you have now :thumb:

On a separate note, decided against the Pano roof. For 9 months of the year the hard top will be sat in the garage so I just can't justify the costs.

Basically the issues that need resolving are a little paint on the lower plastics, tear in the driver's bolster, wheel edge refurb to make immaculate.

I could use the car "as is" of course, however even with the above work undertaken I'd say I was still ahead of the game price wise.

Thanks again for the help on this (and other threads.) I think I'm all "new owner questions" out!

don`t know if it`s any use but you mentioned a tear in the seat bolster, I can recommend Advanced Car Trimmers,unit 11-13,Warley Rd., Blackpool. TEL. 01253 357738 I have used him in the past & find he does a good job at a reasonable price,hope this is of some help.

Have a '94 SL. The rim sizes are 18x8 on the front and 18x8.5 on the back. They are the regular AMG reps you see on a lot of SL's from this era.

It's currently sat on (what I think are the wrong size)

Front - 235/40 18
Rear - 265/35 18

I think the correct sizes would be....

Front - 245/40 18

Rear - 275/35 18

Am I on the right track?

Your rear wheel should be 9.5 to put 275/35 tyre on it. You say yours is 8.5. So I think u can't put tyres of such dimensions on an 8.5 wheel.
For the front though,there's a small possibility that you could use a 245/40 on an 18x8.
Though its usually a dimension for 18x.8.5 ,and not for an 18x8.

Btw, how is the ride in your car? I see it's lowered and the wheels look at the maximum potential size for the car.
(seeing the photo,i would suggest not changing tyre sizes. Cause the whole tyre-wheel diameter is at its max.You'll have issues if u decide on bigger tyre profile on the front and rear.)

Last edited:
Your existing set up on AMG replicas is fine !

The correct alloy fitment/size for the tyre size that you're suggesting are :

Fronts - 8.5 x 18
Rear - 10 x 18

The op is August 2010, and his last post was selling my old pano roof about three years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom