SL300 R129 flat battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSB SL AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
300SL (R129 1992 pre-facelift), Volvo V70 SE D5 Auto Geartronic
Hi guys, had my SL300 in the garage for the winter...did not disconnect battery which is now flat, no dash lights atall etc....

Am in AA home start so was gonna give them call soon to get it going so i can take for a run and get it serviced for summer, they usually have a starter pack..i persume the battery is in the boot behind boot side panel? its a 1992 R129 model...

Any advice plz...

Thanks

Yes the battery is in the boot behind the offside side trim panel.

The battery has almost certainly had it ... count on needing a new one. They suffer permanent damage once the voltage drops below a certain point.

If you have power in the garage then a maintenance charger is the answer. They are not expensive, and keep the battery fully topped up. My SL is hooked up to one every time it goes in the garage:

AccuMate2.jpg

AccuMate Battery Chargers - the intelligent 6V, 12V & 24V maintenance chargers

thanks...i read jump starting can damage electrics and blow fuses...so will probably invest in a charger from ebay....

thanks...i read jump starting can damage electrics and blow fuses...so will probably invest in a charger from ebay....
If you just hook up a spare battery that should be fine. But connecting to another car with the engine running can cause problems.

Definitly DON'T jump start it - I blew my roof controller doing that!!

I jump started my E200 several times from another well-charged battery. First time was by the AA assistant, then by me. (I had the car for a long time, and I am on the third battery now).

I use the same one as Bill, excellent product and well proven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom