SL320 Door Mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wibble1001

Car
sl320
I have just picked up a 1994 SL320 and found that putting it in the garage was a bit fidderly as there was not a lot of room either side because of the wing mirrors sticking out. Is there a any way to fold the wing mirrors back to gain some more wiggle room?

On mine there’s a button on the centre console just in front of the gear lever and this folds the mirrors. Use it every time the car goes in and out the garage for the same reason!

On a 129 of that vintage it's not really a fold per se, it's sort of a spring loaded mechanism.

The later style rounded mirrors from the final update have power folding, and can be retrofitted. Not cheap though.

On a 129 of that vintage it's not really a fold per se, it's sort of a spring loaded mechanism.

The later style rounded mirrors from the final update have power folding, and can be retrofitted. Not cheap though.
OK thanks ... yes on mine I can not find the button mentioned...so unfortunately no power. I have tried manually to move them ... they are pretty stiff ...but will have another fiddle with them

I only had about 2" clearance each side on my garage doors ... found it easiest to go in forwards and reverse out. Quite a few of the houses we looked at had doorways that the R129 wouldn't have fitted through at all!

I had electric roller doors fitted a couple of years ago (it's a double garage with separate doors), and that improved things a lot - they go behind the brick pillars rather than having a frame that sits inside them.

Speaking of R129 mirrors, if your car has seat memories a handy trick is to use one of them (e.g. no. 3) to angle the mirrors right down so you can see the kerb when reverse parking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom