SL320 Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KMA880

Car
Mercedes Benz SL320 Edition
Hi

Am new to the forums, previously a member of Benzworld but am finding the information and community more relevant on here as i am based in Bucks.

Anyhow my beloved SL320 Edition will be coming out of storage in the coming weeks, after having our first child, limited space outside our house and the need for a 'family car had meant i needed to find a home for her. While selling the SL was not an option i am now convinced a baby seat can just about fit in the rear (with some seat belt and other mods).

Below is the link from BW plus an attachment of the beauty herself!

SL320 Edition In storage... What to prepare for....? - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

I havn't really gone to any GTG or meets since i have had her so will look forward to a few in the coming months!

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_5959.JPG
    IMG_5959.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 89
Hi & welcome! My son is 3 now and loves going in our R129, in the front though

Fathersday1.jpg

SL320 and baby seats!

Hi Bill,

I'm sure I have read a few of your posts about children in the rear seats of an R129.

I managed to fit a compact Mamma & Pappa seat in my 911 and the same one will fit in the SL provided i get the 3 point harness installed. My lil one is coming to 1 year and the front facing seats fits perfectly providing we move the passenger seat forward.

That said, would not recommend for too long a journey!

Attachments

• IMG_9200.JPG
    IMG_9200.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 81
Good luck - don't forget to manually raise the rollbar when the back seats in use.

SL230 Rear seats

Good luck - don't forget to manually raise the rollbar when the back seats in use.

Bill,

Since you have a lot of experience with SL and rear seats is there any way whatsoever a set of rear seats can be retrofitted into an R230.

I know on the forum a lot of articles cover and say there is not enough room but surely someone could custom build to kids seats onto the rear shelves?
reason i'm asking is SL55's have come down in price and would love to buy one if i could do a conversion. Any help appreciated....

K

A 230 is designed and has type approval as a 2 seater, even if you fit seats and seat belts, I'm not sure you'd manage to carry 4 people legally without a lot of bother.

What Sp!ke said ... think you'd have all sorts of issues with insurance etc. if you did manage to do it.

From a practical point of view, can you manually raise the roll bar on the R230 (both with the roof up and down)? If not then rear seats would be a non-starter IMO.

I know on the forum a lot of articles cover and say there is not enough room but surely someone could custom build to kids seats onto the rear shelves?

I have a feeling they are right, fairly sure the shelves on the 230 are smaller, on the basis that there was never any intention for rear seats. As such, you'd have to move the front seat forward so far it would become useless.

Its a shame it can't work. Wonder if the new 2012 SL will be the same or whether it will go back to the 2+2 of the 129 and 107.

Thanks... Welcome to the forum too mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom