SL320 front disc size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ricknotts

Car
SL320
Hi
I need to replace the front discs on my 1998 SL320 but looking on Euro Car Parts website there are 2 sizes 300mm and 334mm diameter. Is there a way to find out which size I need without taking off the wheels and measuring the existing discs?
Any thoughts on doing this job would also be gratefully received. Not done this before on a MB!
Many thanks
Rick

help

Check it out on Mintex web site put your car vin number in and it should say what disc you want. I can find out for you, and who to email if you have no joy on the forum. Have you got your vin number handy.

Info

Rick if you give me your vin number i can check right away ,it will be faster as i have the site at hand. It as all you right disc and pads ,well all you would need for brake replacement . But if you only want the size i can find it for you... This is what i did when i wanted my discs and pads ,but i did have Mintex they ave been making discs for years.I have used them for 50 years now.I think if they can"t make them, then no one can.

On a 1998 id bet its either the 320mm or the 334 mm. If you let me have your reg number or vin I can check the Mercedes system.

Thanks To both of you. I'm away from home at present so don't have Vin number but reg is S84JNH. Any info helpful.
Thanks again
Rick

Wow that's a hell of a site. Brilliant. Got what I want plus lots more. For info front discs are 300mm and rear 290mm if anyone else is interested. I shall take your advice and look for Mintex discs and pads rather than the ECP offer of Pagid, etc.
Many thanks again to all
Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom