SL320 or SL500 Wanted - R129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vintage Racer

Car
2001 Mercedes R129, SL320......1959 Triumph TR3a......2010 Discovery 4.
I'm looking for a '98 onwards' 320SL or 500SL

Must be pristine, low miles, Panorama Roof and service history.

Cash waiting for the right car.

I'm looking for a '98 onwards' 320SL or 500SL

Must be pristine, low miles, Panorama Roof and service history.

Cash waiting for the right car.

1996?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but needs to be the later facelift model.

Good luck with your sale.

Cheers

Glynn

Thanks Dinoy....not sure the link is right though. I haven't had up for sale as took it off the market until spring. Been looking for an SL60 AMG to buy to replace the SL500 but no luck yet. The SL500 will be for sale though. This was the one of the old as links that might still work.

http://www.motor2go.co.uk/car/1999-...k-72k-miles-super-condition-7139-28-51208.php

The interior is light grey & I have new OEM spec deep velour mats to put in. Will go to Olly @ PCS soon for a service & full check over.

There is no pano roof just the standard hardtop but I could have bought one for 1k a while back but missed it. I bought a pano for my old SL60 a while back for 950.

Still looking................top money for the right car!

Is mine not right for you?

Is mine not right for you?

Sorry 'Rockits', but it must have the Panorama roof. - I know that roofs do come up now and again, but I really do not want the hassle of waiting for a roof in the right colour, or have another one painted to match.

Your car does sound good although I have not seen any images as the link that you sent does not work.

If you find a Panoramic roof, let me know?

Good luck with the sale in the meantime!

Cheers
Glynn

I recently brought a 2000my 500 with fsh and pano roof ( with light interior to rub it in ) after a chance comment on the sl129 page on Facebook when someone popped up and mentioned that he was asked to sell it as part of a probate sale

I recently brought a 2000my 500 with fsh and pano roof ( with light interior to rub it in ) after a chance comment on the sl129 page on Facebook when someone popped up and mentioned that he was asked to sell it as part of a probate sale

Thanks Indigo............:wallbash:

Don't suppose you would take a small profit on it - ha ha!

Ha, thanks VR for the suggestion but at this moment in time I'm still on the honeymoon phase and had to sell my 92 SL to finance it
What's your budget as I've seen a couple advertised at dealers that fit your spec.

Ha, thanks VR for the suggestion but at this moment in time I'm still on the honeymoon phase and had to sell my 92 SL to finance it
What's your budget as I've seen a couple advertised at dealers that fit your spec.

Up to 15k and I have seen and visited a few at dealers, but just not been able to either do a deal, or the spec has just not been correct (mainly due to incomplete service histories).

Have been offered a number of cars that have been 'sorned' for multiple years and I would prefer to find a car that has done low, but constant mileage, as my experience of cars that have awoken after long sleeps has not been good!

I am not desperate to buy, but do have the money ready for the right car when it comes along.

Hope that you are enjoying your new car.

Happy New Year
Glynn

That's a reasonable budget, the one thing I would say is that no matter how clean and tidy the car looks, if your buying it to use allow a few grand to get it perfect.
Mine has done only 60k but going through previous mot advisories and experience of my recent 92 both are a touch vague, especially above 70 ( which you don't generally get up to on a test drive ) but I'm changing all steering joints, track control arms ( as rubbers perish with age not mileage) plus shocks spring and damper as I intend to do a few long road trips

None of this will enhance the look of the car but for it to drive 100% is everything to me and all about the experiance and the adventures I get up to in the car
Having had a 300-24 now this ones a 500, the difference is huge, not just a few seconds 0-60 but the whole difference in the ownership experiance. As I said previously I acquired mine after picking up a comment on Facebook so don't rely on usual sources such as auto trader and eBay
On New Year's Day there's a big classic meet at Brooklands Surrey, always quite a few 129's there, might be worth going and asking owners if they know anyone selling, now or in near future
Good luck in your search

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom