SL320 Purchased

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Personally I think you should name and shame the indy that wants to charge you £130 p/hour.

Why?

If that's the rate they charge then it's not for us to criticise, just avoid them.

Of course it's for us to criticise :crazy:. How else do you protect the average person against being ripped off?

Will call them later today and check that I haven't gotten the figures wrong. However there is no other reason for me having £130 per hour in my head.

Just had a card from my main dealer, if your car is 3years or older, A service £170.00 B service £280.00, offer valid up to Aug next year. The price is based on what work should be done according to the service book and obviously not include brake pads etc but they would quote seperately. They know I have an S Class so the price is not based on a smaller car, or else there will be a row:devil:

Just rechecked with garage and they said its £130 labour for a big service £45 per hour. They did come highly recommended and there were a lotof merc's being serviced. Panic over!
BTW took photo's how do i show them?

Of course it's for us to criticise :crazy:. How else do you protect the average person against being ripped off?

The reason why many use a indie is that its to expensive and out of reach for some to pay main dealer prices.

All of the cost are related to the overheads, but most indies take £60 per hour

Thats one way of doing it but alot of people also find using sites like Imageshack and Photobucket better as they can re size pictures to a suitable size such as 800x600. If you wish to do that then once you have uploaded the pictures grab the link that has

And how much do many of our Companies charge for our time including yours Stats?

If the garage wants to charge that much it's upto them. This is a free market and people can go somewhere else.

Obviously we would know to avoid them, and as it turns out thay don't charge that much anyway.

Last edited:
All of the cost are related to the overheads, but most indies take £60 per hour

And the one in question turns out to be £45 per hour so pretty reasonable.

I'd agree with Dieselman on this. A vpercentage of us here own our companies and we decide what we charge. I'm all for exposing bad workmanship and/or attitude, customer service and the rest of it but prices shouldn't be the reason to 'name and shame'.

my 2p

The point over naming and shaming was that it appeared the company was charging an extorniate amount of money - everyone is very quick to criticise MB for their pricing policy so I see no difference here.

As it turns out they are sensibly priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom