SL320 R129 Window & locking operation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geopet544

Car
SL320 SL Edition 2000
I have just bought a 2000 SL320 'SL Edition' -
Questions about Window operation:

If I press the down button on either window, the window goes all the way down automatically; if I press the up button, the window does not go all the way up - I have to keep my finger on it; Is this correct ??

Also, if I have the windows lowered and if I am standing at the nearside of car and press the lock button on my key, the windows automatically go up and the car locks; if I am standing at the offside of the car, and press lock, the car locks but the windows do not close. Is this correct? Is it that the car (emanating from foreign parts) expects the driver side to be on the left and the driver to be operating the key on the left? or is this a fault?

Finally (I think) the climate control fan is very noisy - is there a recommended substance to lubricate the bearings? can one get at the fan to do so?

Many thanks

Peter

Sounds like the window operation needs 'normalising' usually required if the battery has been disconnected.

Press the button to open and hold until a faint click is heard (1-3sec after fully open), then then repeat for closing. Do for each window.

Regarding the locking/closing it may be the offside door handle IR has failed.

If I press the down button on either window, the window goes all the way down automatically; if I press the up button, the window does not go all the way up - I have to keep my finger on it; Is this correct ??

That's normal operation for earlier models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom