SL350 (2009) fuse box and fuses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yelnats69

Car
SL350 (230)
I don't have the Fuse location or information that's supposed to be included in the tool kit,
can any member copy or tell me where I can/get fuse information.
Particularly looking for anything to do with key fob antenna and receiver, my fob only works within 8 inches of drivers door (batteries are good)
anyone had this problem and know the answer??

Thanks

Stan
2009 SL350 petrol

I don't have the Fuse location or information that's supposed to be included in the tool kit,
can any member copy or tell me where I can/get fuse information.
Particularly looking for anything to do with key fob antenna and receiver, my fob only works within 8 inches of drivers door (batteries are good)
anyone had this problem and know the answer??

Thanks

Stan
2009 SL350 petrol
Just had a similar problem fixed on my 2004 SL. Turned out my key was emitting a signal but it was weak due to dodgy dry joints in the key. My Indy fixed the key but I also bought a new one. Does your spare key work OK.

Just had a similar problem fixed on my 2004 SL. Turned out my key was emitting a signal but it was weak due to dodgy dry joints in the key. My Indy fixed the key but I also bought a new one. Does your spare key work OK.
Unfortunately I don't have a spare key, my original seems to be working, done the led test. I don't know any local indy, that would test or work on the key.
How much were you charged for your repair and spare key,
I don't mind paying but I am not convinced its the key and want to check fuses etc. but I do need a spare key.

regards

Stan

Thanks, for the link, I just found that page myself, anyone who needs fuse information for the SL follow the link supplied by alecmascot, or try mine:-
thanks for the help Alec.

Stan

Unfortunately I don't have a spare key, my original seems to be working, done the led test. I don't know any local indy, that would test or work on the key.
How much were you charged for your repair and spare key,
I don't mind paying but I am not convinced its the key and want to check fuses etc. but I do need a spare key.

regards

Stan
A working LED means nothing. My key had a working red LED when I pressed a button and the IR emitted a signal but neither would operate the remote central locking. My indi spent the best part of a week investigating, thinking it was the antenna amplifier, the overhead control module, the EIS. He tested the key and his tester gave a positive result however he took the key somewhere to be tested on different test device and the weak signal was found. Overall it cost me just over £600 including the key which was £280.

David,
I note your point regarding the LED and IR, but in your case did the key work close to the vehicle or not at all, mine operates perfectly at 12 inches from the drivers door handle, leaving me to believe that some sort of amplification is failing.
Was it decided that just your key was at fault or did it need a module and the key.

Stan

As you need as second key anyway, why not just get one, if it works at a distance then you know the original key is faulty, if it doesn't then you know the the car is faulty. Either way you have a second key and a slightly better idea what's wrong.

David,
I note your point regarding the LED and IR, but in your case did the key work close to the vehicle or not at all, mine operates perfectly at 12 inches from the drivers door handle, leaving me to believe that some sort of amplification is failing.
Was it decided that just your key was at fault or did it need a module and the key.

Stan
My key didn't work at all. The antennae amplifier is the one on the drivers side bolted to the bulkhead under the windscreen, I have been told these very rarely fail.

As you need as second key anyway, why not just get one, if it works at a distance then you know the original key is faulty, if it doesn't then you know the the car is faulty. Either way you have a second key and a slightly better idea what's wrong.
Good thinking batman,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom