sl350/400 exhaust note

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

khblackburn

Car
slc
Hi,
I'm looking for some help with information regarding drive options fitted to these vehicles.

Yesterday we road tested an slc, thinking that this was the vehicle we wanted, however, after my wife returned from the test drive she thought the ride was, as she pit it a bit harsh, so we then test drove an sl400, demo vehicle, and when she came back with the sales man, she was well impressed, especially with the sport and sport + and as she said the fantastic exhaust note, now the question is, does the early 400 and 350, give the same exhaust sound when in sport mode ( sport +) not in the drive options, we would be most greatfull if any one who own's a 350 or early 400 could let us know.

kevin

SL is the better car, by far.

pre facelift SL400 exhaust note does not change when you switch driving modes (comfort, sport and manual).

I removed the center/rear silencers (just before the exhaust back boxes); and it nows sounds quite throaty, but can be a bit boomy at certain revs.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I was rather hoping that it changed when sport mode or manual mode selected, we have not yet had a test drive in a pre face lift model,
apart from the grill change and face lift of the dashboard and of course the boost in bhp, what else changed, I've looked on line and found a 16 plate and a 66 plate,
both with very similar mileage, but 13 grand price difference, is the 66 plate really worth the difference.

There is a difference between sport and comfort settings but it's subtle. In sport you get far more pops and bangs on overrun but it's not night and day.

There are always good deals on SL's via on line brokers:-

uG8O3Fy.jpg

uG8O3Fy.jpg
uG8O3Fy.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi,
I'm looking for some help with information regarding drive options fitted to these vehicles.

Yesterday we road tested an slc, thinking that this was the vehicle we wanted, however, after my wife returned from the test drive she thought the ride was, as she pit it a bit harsh, so we then test drove an sl400, demo vehicle, and when she came back with the sales man, she was well impressed, especially with the sport and sport + and as she said the fantastic exhaust note, now the question is, does the early 400 and 350, give the same exhaust sound when in sport mode ( sport +) not in the drive options, we would be most greatfull if any one who own's a 350 or early 400 could let us know.

kevin

I have a 2017 (facelift) SL400 - different note in C/CV and S and S+ (they S and S+ are also both different). I have ABC and cannot tell the difference in sound between C and CV. To be honest I have never used the M mode.....I use the paddles a lot and found that I am happy with that in all driving modes. The 9 speed box is awesome after coming from a 7 speed.

SL is the better car, by far..........

Having owned both, I agree 100%. Had a SLK350 (R172) before the SL and it is chalk and cheese.

So Red c220, yours would be pre face lift 3lt biturbo, and you get pops and bangs on over run ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom