SL350 R230 Central locking is a bit hesitant when opening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcbrucer

Car
R230
Hello everyone,

I recently picked up a car that has a few issues and the one I'm looking at right now is the central locking which appears to be somewhat hesitant to comply when asked to unlock the car. It will, however, lock the car at the first attempt every time. Please note that the car also has Keyless-Go and that this appears to be completely dead. Not sure if related or not.

I've taken a quick video of it that I'm hoping will show the issue better than I can describe it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Help / advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks Pete.
If I remove the PSE to repair it, assume I can still drive the car? (obvs, I'll need to use the actual key to open it)

Just to tie this one up, I followed the instructions in the video and ordered in a replacement rotor.
I was a little worried that the rotor might not actually have failed as the pump was still operating and not blowing any fuses. But it was struggling.

Anyway, I removed the PSE and stripped the motor. As suspected, the rotor was still in one piece. So, I reassembled it and moved on to the testing stage.

After a bit of tightening, I was able to get the required 3 bar out of it - and I put it back into the PSE and the PSE back into the car.

Hey presto, locking now works fine! So I guess it just wasn't producing enough vacuum and that realigning & testing it resolved the issue.

Thanks again @Petrol Pete for pointing me at that video..

Cheers

Can anyone recommend someone to refurb my SL500 PSE pump? It clicks when fob pressed, but no locking action and Vario roof won't work. Displays "close separator" even though its closed.

The 'close separator' message will be a microswitch issue, I'd have thought, not a vacuum issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom