SL350 (R230 Facelift) - Spare Wheel, Tools & Spares.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NJSS

Car
2011 SL 350 Fire Opal Red|||2016 Land Rover Discovery|||1973 MGB GT V8|||1959 MGA Roadster
I have recently bought a 2011 SL350.

It came without tools, and I have acquired a tool roll & tools on eBay. I have also managed to acquire a 17" collapsible spare wheel. I'm trying to ascertain what tools etc..should have come with the collapsible spare wheel.

Illustrations show a foam insert, a jack and a towing eye, all of which I am missing. Part number for these missing parts would be much appreciated. I do have a non Mercedes 12 volt compressor though.

I would also appreciate thoughts on what additional tools one requires & what spares should be carried. Clearly there's not much space, but to comply with the law in certain EU countries one needs a spare bulb kit, to which I would add fuses. Is there anything else small & essential?

Thanks in advance.

NJSS

I always like a break glass/seatbelt cutter hammer . Gives you a sporting chance if you are upside down in water :D

You may also need a set of wheel bolts for fitting the emergency spare if needed - I do on the SLK and S204, but don't know if the SL is the same.

W1ghty & Chrishazle - many thanks.

A good point about the seatbelt cutter hammer - I may need to buy a few !

Wheel bolts for the emergency spare seem to be a mystery; some say they are essential, others not. I think I'm going to have to experiment, but advice from someone with the same set-up would be appreciated.

It may be important that my car has the 952 Sports Package.

NJSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom