SL350, scared to death.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteTheOldGit

Car
Merc C200 AMG 2014 W205
Hi Guys & Gals
Current C Class owner and really interested in buying an SL350 06 on model. Having read so so many horror stories regarding water ingress from boot and roof I'm pooing me pants about taking the plunge. Would be really interested in hearing from members with similar age cars and any such issues, also what are the forums thoughts on buying a non dealer car as they are just not available for the price range 16/17k mark this poses another no no for me as always bought from Stealer Dealers before and never fancied the Arthur Daley route, especially a car of this type. Love the looks and only yesterday one past me with the roof down and if there's a better looking roadster out there someone please let me know.

Cheers.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, it does look a nice car and would suit but it's the older pre 2006 model, shame thou cus it ticked the boxes, thanks again thou.

So have an 06 SL55 and not had any issues with water ingress in the boot... I think the boot seals were updated from 06 .... Have very very slight roof leak in heavy rain on the driver side ... Been advised to change the seals circa £85 each...

Would yours be garaged??

No it wouldn't which is a concern regarding the great British weather.

Hard to say then as mine is garaged. Only thing I can is that when I've been away on holiday or the car is parked up outside.. friends, airport etc.

I've not seen any evidence of leaks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom