SL500 2002 Centre Armrest Clip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyproline

Car
SL500
Hi , Anyone out there been able to find or produce a new clip that retains the centre armrest down at the front as mine is broken and MB want the price of a small car for a new armrest ! All working OK just the actual hook clip is broken where a previous owner was a bit to ahm fisted . Any help would be appreciated. Model Left Hand Drive R230 SL500 , year late 2002. Thank you Tony:confused:

Hi there,

Had a similar problem with my SL, the little plastic clip (bayonet clip) that hooks the lid down had broken off. Similar to you, the previous owner had made a bodge job glueing it back.
I tried finding a new one but came up blank - luckily I had the clip and using super glue I managed to fix it and some months on, its still ok. Do you still have the little black hook?

The clip is part of the lid of the armrest. Euromercstore have some, but if its wrong colour you will have to deconstruct - and I dont know how easy that is

euromercwebstore: Armrest Assembly

Be careful as the MY2009 armrest only has a single catch mechanism as the armrest doesnt have the top section.

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom