SL500 (2003) Glove compartment closure problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

starlight

Car
C220d AMG Premium Line Plus (2018)
I have an ongoing problem with the glove compartment closure: it appears to close properly, but sometimes the light stays on. A hard slam of the door effects a temporary fix, but it's become annoying.

An MB repairer has already a go at sorting this, but told me that the permanent fix may have to be a new glove assembly. Dread to think how much that would cost.

Has anyone else come across the problem and is there a straightforward solution the dealer has missed?

I have an ongoing problem with the glove compartment closure: it appears to close properly, but sometimes the light stays on. A hard slam of the door effects a temporary fix, but it's become annoying.

An MB repairer has already a go at sorting this, but told me that the permanent fix may have to be a new glove assembly. Dread to think how much that would cost.

Has anyone else come across the problem and is there a straightforward solution the dealer has missed?

Used to do this on my old w202 so I stuck something to the glovebox door where it strikes the light plunger thus pushing plunger in further to turn out the light.

Used to do this on my old w202 so I stuck something to the glovebox door where it strikes the light plunger thus pushing plunger in further to turn out the light.

Thanks for this. I'll give that a go.

Or bend the metal contact a little to ensure it breaks the circuit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom