Sl500 bodywork damage help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daei2009

Car
sl500
hey guys

i recently bought a sl500 2005 model

i came back to my car and saw that a car had scraped the side of the car

so the panel on the passenger side where on the other side is the petrol fill

its quite a depp scuff and it runs pretty much the whole length of the panel

i have gone to mercedes and they have quoted me £1400 to fix the panel

they say they dont need to replace the panel but they must take it off and repoint , then apply the lacquer and make sure the black they put on it matches the black on the panel next to it so they must blend it

is it best to give bodywork damage work to mercedes themselves to fix it?

and 1400 seems very very high for just damage to one panel of the car??

Where are you ?

London is quite large !! N/S/E/ or West ??

sw london

Personally i would put it through my insurance & make sure it's repaired at an mb garage:thumb:

I have used this body shop for a number of years. Vanleigh West Molesey 0208 783 1212

Ron and Lee Father + Son .

Personally i would put it through my insurance & make sure it's repaired at an mb garage:thumb:

As they are just down the road from, you should try them if ever need a body shop.

I use a guy called Hardev awho runs Sira Motors in Dagenham - done all the bodywork on my cars for a few years now - from new BMW's to my current old Merc. Top quality - paints insurance jobs as well as private and last time I was in there he was colour changing a new Range Rover; previously there've been Porsche GT3's and Ferraris - but his prices are excellent not as high as you'd expect.

Can't recommend him highly enough - paintwork better than the to be frank cr@p finish on a lot of new cars.

He's painted bumpers etc and main bits of bodywork. Excellent quality.

020 8591 0528

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom