SL500 Door mirror operation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benzene

Car
Mercedes SL500 (R129)
Good afternoon, my first question (of many I am sure). The offside door mirror took a gentle knock recently and the electric adjustment only works up and down, not left to right, so I want to inspect the mechanism. But how do I get in to look, since the cover is one piece?:confused:

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I suspect that the plastic plate that is stuck to the rear of the mirror glass has become detached from the lateral adjustment lugs on the motor.

You will need to carefully remove the mirror glass to gain access. It should come out with a reasonable tug on one edge and then you will be able to see the axis plate that moves when the switch is operated. If you are lucky it may have just come unclipped and should push back into to the lugs.

Thank you for the advice.I will pull very gently!!:)

Hi & welcome :)

Good luck with the mirror!

Thanks

Thank you for the warm welcome Bill. I am a total novice with this type of site but already understand the power. Your silver SL500 looks just like mine but you have the split rims. I just swapped the seat squabs over due to some obviously heavy past occupancy but that has left me with a glowing SRS dashboard light! Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom