sl500 r129 final edition wood restoration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gsl500

Car
sl500 r129 final edition
hi to all and im glad i meet u. i have sl500 r129 and i need help for wood restoration. is burl(curly maple) designio natural edition. i cant find no one to uk because of brexit. i speak with 2 companies. someone to help me what i must do? thank a lot

Attachments

• 136085778_162801675247802_9132907836814866246_n.jpg
    136085778_162801675247802_9132907836814866246_n.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 16
  • thumbnail_IMG_6044.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6044.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 15
  • Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (37).png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (37).png
    507.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (38).png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (38).png
    472 KB · Views: 17
  • Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (39).png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (39).png
    432.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I'm not really sure how we can help, if Brexit means you can't send them here. This is a predominantly UK forum, there are companies known to the members (Silvercrest did mine) but they'll be based in this country.

I would be surprised if there wasn't someone local to you. It doesn't have to be car-specific, the process is basically identical to veneering furniture.

There must be good wood work crafts ”people” about. Doesn’t need to be a car related busines. Are you on the mainland or one of the islands??. Have seen plenty of good craftsmanship on my travels around Greece..

As above. Any good furniture restorer or polisher will be able to do that.

I have the same issue, but am based in the UK. My problem is that I don't know how to remove the wooden pieces, It is a straight forward process for a person with very little skills?

I have been to Silvercrest (I think they are based near Iver) and they said that they would do it for me, but I need to take the existing parts in so that they can cover them with the new laminate.

Yes, all pretty easy to do, there are workshop videos online which will show you how.

I have the face lift model and all the ones I have seen on youtube don't seem to work for me.

Could you recommend a video for a 2000 model?

The centre console should be the same for all 129s. The entire door panel will probably have to come off for the facelift given the differences in the design.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks Doodle, I was actually after a video to take off the arm rest cover and the centre console because I need to get these re-aminated.

I have seen some videos showing that all you need to do is use credit cards (or something like that) but they never seem to work with my car.

I've used a credit card to extract the insert from the cubbyhole area between the gearbox panel and the armrest section, but the rest of it is definitely bolted in.

Again, I don't think this process has changed between pre-facelift and facelift though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom