SL500 (R129) Wheels refurbed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willsco

Car
SL500 R129 2001 Website: www.mbr129.com
Just had my wheels refurbed by local company in Tewkesbury - "Reinventing The Wheel"

Very pleased with job - and they did them in time for me to show car at Prescott Hill Speed Climb tomorrow (Cheltenham Rotary Charity day)

Here's a before and after photo:

refurbed.jpg

regards
Mike W
www.mbr129.com

Looks like a very good finish, did you replace all the bolts or have they been sprayed?

The bolts are fake on these aren't they?

Yes - fake - I don't know how they are fixed - partially screwed in and glued I suspect.
The wheels are AMG replicas I understand - sorry, I am not that knowledgeable.

They're just an alternative design - not fitted to any one specific model AFAIK.

Hi Greg

Bare aluminium refurb - £70 x 4
Tyre removal / refit £ 5 x 4
Valve replacement £ 2 x 4
Balance £ 3 x 4
Straighten wheel £15 x 1
New Bolts & Fitting £60 x 1

Total - £395 + VAT @ 20%

Ok - I know I could have got it cheaper - but they are on my doorstep - they took the car as well (I didn't have to remove wheels), they completed it all in 3 days and, in my opinion, did a great job.

regards

Mike W

You could have probably bought another set of replica wheels for close to that?

From memory they were never that expensive. To be honest you a very nice late-registered R129 - it deserves genuine AMGs!

I agree - it does deserve genuine AMGs

However - my pocket does not stretch that far at the moment - and I wanted them done for Prescott Hill Speed Climb event yesterday

I will have to keep saving or stop paying for number 2 child to be at University, or think of a really good patentable idea that will make my fortune....

:D

Super, cheers Mike. To be honest, I've got the original alloys and a local tyre fitter, so I reckon I could knock a bit off that by taking the wheels over.

Lovely looking car there sir!

Cheers
Greg

That is a lovely example, though I'm biased- my 1999 is a dead ringer for yours...
The refurb price is about the same as what I got mines done for a few months ago.
Would you mind telling me the source and/or part no for them?

Sorry - "Would you mind telling me the source and/or part no for them?" - do you mean the wheels, the bolts or what - I'm not sure
The wheels were re-furbed by reinventingtheweheel.co.uk - they sourced everything for the refurb except the new centres which I got from MB main dealer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom