Sl500 r230 battery alert visit workshop? - batteries working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaleM

Car
SL55 AMG, BMW Alpina D10 BiTurbo, Abarth 595 Turismo
Hi all,

The instrument cluster on my SL has been illuminating of late in the Red Alert mode, the left cluster shows the Battery icon whilst the other states "Visit Workshop". The issue being is that nothing seems to be amiss. Both the starter and the consumers batteries are performing as they should. What could this mean - many thanks

Dale.

Battery on way out , low voltage would be my guess or it needs a long run to get it fully charged up. Had the same on my E class even though it seemed to be starting ok, put new battery in and solved problem

Thanks for the advice, it is a bit confusing because it turns over like a train when starting and the consumers are not showing off-line. It's just had a nice long run from York to London also - weird.

Cheers
D

Thanks for the advice, it is a bit confusing because it turns over like a train when starting and the consumers are not showing off-line. It's just had a nice long run from York to London also - weird.

Cheers
D
Interesting! Am sure someone with some real technical knowledge will respond soon

I had similar a couple of years ago, dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree, visit workshop, car in limp mode. Turned out to be the alternator. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Thanks to both of you.

Besides removing the notification from the cluster temporarily with the steering menu button on the steering wheel I think it can only be turned off proper by Star. Looking through the cars service history it seems like it happened before a few years ago, all was checked out thoroughly at that time and there was nothing amiss - weird.

Dale.

This question is somewhat off piste but as forum users you may know the answer. I am also a member of the MercedesOwnersForum but I haven't had a need to post anything on that site since February this year, has that site format changed? I went on it earlier today and the landing page and content doesn't look as it did for years prior.

Thanks
Dale.

Had the same problem the other day ! Quelle horreur ! OMG what now? Assume it could be batteries need replacing/charging or alternator not performing. Anyway after getting the car out, washed and polished seems to have cleared it..phew! off for a long run out today I think ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom