SL500 R230 Folding Mirrors Stopped Working. Which Fuse ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BattyByron

Car
SL500 R230
I have a SL500 r230 2004, and my mirrors wont fold suddenly. They are not stuck gave them a good
soaking with PTFE, I can still adjust them just the folding on both sides has stopped working
I cannot find anywhere information on what fuse controls the folding as I'm sure the switch is OK.
Anybody know what fuse and what fuse box. Thanks.

There is normally a fuse chart tucked in with the fuses ?
Its probably broken wires rather than fuses buddy :confused:

Could be they have been accidently turned off in the convenience menu.
Thank you for your reply.
I have checked all the charts and no mention of the folding mirrors so I'm assuming it connected with some other control system.
I definitely have them as they were working and then stopped.

Are you sure the switch is good?

Thank you for your reply.
I have checked all the charts and no mention of the folding mirrors so I'm assuming it connected with some other control system.
I definitely have them as they were working and then stopped.
On my 2004 SL500 I have the option to turn on/off the auto folding mirrors, I choose to turn them off. If this is a factory fit option on your car there will be a setting somewhere.

On my 2004 SL500 I have the option to turn on/off the auto folding mirrors, I choose to turn them off. If this is a factory fit option on your car there will be a setting somewhere.
Thanks. That's interesting I know you can turn them off from auto closing when you lock the car, I wasn't aware you could turn them off completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom