sl500 R230 roof leak? Help really needed please:(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonezx9

Car
sl500 r230
Hi guys, really hoping someone can help, so, 2003 sl500, started off with the central locking and roof not opening, so renewed pse pump, new pump in, central locking works but not with the keyfob, also roof wont work. In the fusebox behind the drivers seat it is full of oil!! looks clear oil and red in color, does anyone know where this might be coming from please?
Thanks in advance. Tony

How can it be full of oil, it's a very big area and would likely hold 5l or more. Any photos?

How can it be full of oil, it's a very big area and would likely hold 5l or more. Any photos?
Hi well its not full to the top, but it has come in and gone inside the fuse box, just trying to work out how to locate the leak.

Red oil could be transmission fluid?

There must me a leak with the hydraulic roof mechanism but how the oil got into that fuse box I really don’t know.
Check the reservoir on the left side of the lower boot area and this will confirm if it’s the roof hydraulics.

There must me a leak with the hydraulic roof mechanism but how the oil got into that fuse box I really don’t know.
Check the reservoir on the left side of the lower boot area and this will confirm if it’s the roof hydraulics.
Thank you for that, i will look today, do you know if there is anyone in or near Bristol i could take it to? reluctant to take it to a main dealer as i know it will be a bad experience money wise:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom