SL500 SRS 'rollover bar' warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FineArt

Car
w203
I've encountered a problem on my SL500, SRS light & rollover lamp on, clicking sound behind seats, command module says 'currently unavailable'. I've had the system reset on STAR, but has reoccurred intermittently

Very grateful if anyone can help.

The COMAND is completely separate to the SRS and roof module.

I just wonder whether your battery has had it. SLs eat their big boot batteries. Do you get the Consumer Functions unavailable message often ?

Richard

I've encountered a problem on my SL500, SRS light & rollover lamp on, clicking sound behind seats, command module says 'currently unavailable'. I've had the system reset on STAR, but has reoccurred intermittently

Very grateful if anyone can help.

Hi all
I have recently started to get EXACTLY the same issues on my 2007 SL350 - also it occasionally refuses to start on the ignition key - need to lock/unlock and go again.
The dash lights for rollover and SRS go out after a couple of miles, but come on again at next start, along with the "clicking"
Comand system has also started to turn on/off on its own and says "system unavailable" briefly
A dash message tells me a system problem has been recorded, so I guess I need a techy to reset that
After that do you think this is likely to simply need a new boot battery ?
Thanks for any advice/comments
Mark

Yes, quite possible. Getting batteries checked is always a good thing on SL !
(There are other things it could equally be, but SL eats batteries)
R

Hi, having had this problem and tried several fixes the only one that works
is a new Electronic Ignition Switch module. Not cheap but will fix the fault!

Hi, having had this problem and tried several fixes the only one that works
is a new Electronic Ignition Switch module. Not cheap but will fix the fault!

Yes, that is the expensive one to be avoided :-( And given the problem starting the car on markdt10 that is perfectly possible.

But a battery check is virtually free and always worth doing on a SL

Richard

Been to garage today - voltage is well down on front battery - meter reads 78% and "unserviceable". New front battery to be fitted tomorrow. Rear battery is a replacement and is fine. Will update tomorrow on results. Thanks all for your help & comments
Mark

That fixed it - new aux battery (front) and re-set on star and all is well again :)

Sadly that has NOT fixed it - now entering stage two investigation ... will keep advised ......

Hi, refer to my previous reply!
Been there done that it is the 'Electronic Ignition Module':eek:

You may get change from £700 fitted:dk:

Hi Larry280 - it has been mentioned by my garage........ I'm checking the piggy bank as we speak :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom