SL55 AMG Central Gateway Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KenMillican

Car
AMG C63 507 Edition
Hi there.

First post on the forum. I have an 03/04 SL55 AMG F1. I had it in Holland recently and had to change out the crank oposition sensor dure to starting prolems. Those starting problems were resolved but simultaneous with that fix some electroci issues arose but could be coincidental as I also.
1. SRS light came on
2. When in 'Park' and engine off, when the drivers door is opened the instrument cluster lights up red with a warning and audible alarm to put the car in 'Park' position when it already is
3. Cannot seem to switch off ESP (No light comes on the switch and no warning triangle on the instrument cluster)
4. Parktronic goes straight into alarm when drive or reverse engaged and also when slowing down at junctions etc.

I do have a problem with the consumer battery going flat when left for more than a few days and wondered if this could be the cause.

I have had the vehicle diagnosed and the diagnostics cannot communicate with the air bags etc and gives an error 'Central gateway'

Has anyone else had similar problems please? and what was the fix....change out Central Gateway? and where is the CGW physically located?

Thanks - Ken

I have had this issue.

The gateway is under the drivers dash panel. It will need to be programmed online with a Star when fitted. The gateway could cause the current drain too.

Thank you 'BlackC55' it does seem unusual that so much has stopped working correctly sumultaneously when previously there were no faults...this at least seems like an avenue to explore. Thanks again for the rapid response - Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom