SL55 AMG cooler fan replace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zoros

Car
SL55 AMG
Anyone done it? Video?
Struggling to find any info......

If its the same as a w211 e55 dead easy, Screw/torx LHS of the Fan shroud that the Oil cooler pipes, one at the bottom that the Atf pipe bracket holds to. Push the Cooler pipes up and back out of the holder on the plastic shroud.

Pull up and out the metal clips at the top of then shroud one each side you may have to pull the upper rad pipe off from the OSF then you can pull the whole shroud up and out. Note you will have to unplug the electrical connector on the LHS shroud.

I cant remeber if you have to un bolt the centre forward slam panel sorry.. But again its very easy.

Hi, As Gavin says plus you need to work from both below the car and above! would put the car on car ramps
and then take the two plastic covers off from underneath to get to the two 10mm bolts that hold the coolant pipes to the fan housing when these are undone you can pull the fan housing up after disconnecting the electric plug on the left hand side, and you do need to remove the top slam panel to be able to lift the fan housing out
cheers dave

Doh sorry bud,

The r230 Fan/shroud is different to the 211, Here below are a couple of the Pattern Part numbers that match up to the Oe number

Oe A2205000193

VALEO 696127
Nrf 47297

51jOGvvkznL.jpg

A quick search on the bay should help you find a cost effective replacement, But please give the Supplier your vehicle details before ordering Just incase :thumb:

Last edited:
Dave - you are referring to the SL55 AMG yes? Didn't realise I have to come from underneath as well - thanks?

What is the general verdict buying aftermarket rather than OEM? (Apart from cost!).

Hi Zoros, Yes referring to E55! as Gavin says yours is probably a bit diferent but very similar layout,
People speak quite highly of Nissen Radiators of Ebay etc but i have no experience my self,
cheers Dave

There is a good chance Valeo (at some point) would have been OEM on Mercedes Benz as they were with radiators/oil coolers they supplied to MB (with mixed results :rolleyes: )

Valeo are still manufacture in the UK supplying the UK car industry...while it lasts.

Just had a quote from MB for a cooler fan. A plastic 11 bladed fan inside a plastic shroud driven by a clutched motor with a sensor unit attached -
£900 :wallbash:.
Are MB taking the proverbial or what????

Nissen/Valeo it is!!!

Just had a quote from MB for a cooler fan. A plastic 11 bladed fan inside a plastic shroud driven by a clutched motor with a sensor unit attached -
£900 :wallbash:.
Are MB taking the proverbial or what????

Nissen/Valeo it is!!!
Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom