SL55 BHP in reality??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karozza

Car
SL55 AMG/C180 K
They started off in 2002 with 476BHP & after initial production were marketed as actually 500BHP, at least I have the amended booklet!?

I haven't put mine in a Dyno yet but what did/do they really have??

Some say they were actually less in reality :confused:

Anyone put his stock SL55 on a Dyno before any mods??

I put my 163,000 mile sl55 on a respected dyno today... only mods im aware of is the cats have all been removed. It made 499.4 bhp engine - 410 bhp wheels & 683 Nm tourque.
Considering the cars milage im thinking thats very good unless this car has been mapped previously.

Attachments

• IMG_6778.jpg
    IMG_6778.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 18
They started off in 2002 with 476BHP & after initial production were marketed as actually 500BHP, at least I have the amended booklet!?

I haven't put mine in a Dyno yet but what did/do they really have??

Some say they were actually less in reality :confused:

Surprised this thread got missed first time around.

My E55 was never standard as it had the secondary CATs missing but it made around 500/510BHP before I modded it, depending on what figure you use to calculate BHP.

I seem to remember tuning firm Renntech stating that most made 500 but were "played down" to fit into MB marketing.

They don't want you buying lower models if they can sell you a higher model "that makes more power"!

I personally know an SL55 which showed 510 bhp as standard on the Dyno in front of me.
It's some machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom