SL55 Clocks in 202???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
Guys,

how easy\possible would it be to fit the new SL clocks to a 202?

physically i know it can be put in with a few minor modifications, but what about actually wiring it up and getting everything to work?

prob a question for MBenzNL (Steve)

Originally posted by Alps
how easy\possible would it be to fit the new SL clocks to a 202?

physically i know it can be put in with a few minor modifications, but what about actually wiring it up and getting everything to work?

prob a question for MBenzNL (Steve)
It would probably be a lot of work, a facelift cluster doesn't work properly in a pre-facelift car, so one from a generation further on stands much less chance of working imho. Maybe you could buy the SL cluster and build all the w202 cluster internals into it? That would obviously work perfectly but wouldn't be easy :)

is it not a totally different shape as well ? i.e. the top of the clocks are moulded rather than fitting within a smooth curved cluster like the 202 ?

S.

after a little more research ....

shude, yeah thats what i thought, but those clocks dont half look good when lit up! it would defy the point by stealing the 202 insides into a SL55 clock!

sym, they are a little diff but the overall shape is the same and would (with a few little mods) fit into the current clock area without showing any of the rear parts!

might get them and experiment! :) i guess i`ll have to ask steve for the pin outs!

thanks guys!
any more views, info

after a little more research ....

might get them and experiment! :) i guess i`ll have to ask steve for the pin outs!

thanks guys!
any more views, info

How much are they? (just for experimentation purposes, of course !!)

S.

mate just bought a set from ebay, but hes decided against putting them in his SL 500, so i will get them for cost, under £100 for an original set of SL55 clocks that retails for £500+ (they are in mph too).

seems a shame letting a rare item like that slip away!

Unfortuantly this picture does not show the real nice white 'glow' that lights up the two pods arround the clusters. It would be a great mod though!

speedo.jpg

seems a shame letting a rare item like that slip away!

Couldn't agree more ..... it would be a crime not to ! :eek: :eek:

Here is the pic of the instrument cluster, as sent to me by Alps:

Attachments

• sl55clocks.jpg
    sl55clocks.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 59
Looking at that I'd say you have two hopes. Shame, cause thats one lovely looking instrument panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom