SL55 Drivers...Are they all loons?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One thing to say.

German GTG 2004. Be there or sell your Mercedes.

100+ ? 150+ !

Fast, Fast driving. People just do not pull out in front of fast approaching traffic and people move out the way if you are approaching faster. I was very impressed.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
One thing to say.

German GTG 2004. Be there or sell your Mercedes.

100+ ? 150+ !

Fast, Fast driving. People just do not pull out in front of fast approaching traffic and people move out the way if you are approaching faster. I was very impressed.

Hehe, you sound like a tarmac terrorist Graham :)

Admittedly it does sound like they have a gentleman's agreement about Autobahn usage. Impressive.

--
Antony

Originally posted by bloodmoon
Is the autobahn as magical as everybody makes out? I mean, is it fully laden with cars doing over 100mph? Is it a boring drive (long and straight), do you get racers on there?

I have never been personally, but have often wondered...

--
Antony

Check out Maff's home movies for a flavour of life on the Autobahn ;)

Porsche movie
BMW movie

S.

Hehe, you sound like a tarmac terrorist Graham :)

Admittedly it does sound like they have a gentleman's agreement about Autobahn usage. Impressive.

--
Antony

It was Maff's driving I was referring to! I was a passenger in the convoy, not driving myself.

I have driven on the Autobahn and the Autobaan (NL) and I noticed there is a much greater respect for other drivers there.

The only exception is that Germans don't flash their lights to politely let you know they would like to pass, they tailgate you so close that it looks like the driver is sat in your own backseat :) . It's the German way I guess :)

Well, the potter from my place to Oxford recently has been blissful, save the traffic around the A34. Thank goodness for cruise control. Oh, and refrigerated air!

Originally posted by GrahamC230K

Somethimes I am praying to see say an M3 just give it some welly in 1st and 2nd to see it go etc.

Would be happy to oblige round MK sometime.....

Originally posted by Big Ed
Would be happy to oblige round MK sometime.....

I'll take you up on that!

Is it run in yet?

This weekend is a bit hectic, but I'll PM you my number sometime :D

Cool!

Car had it's run in service on Monday, so can give a bit more stick now - still taking it a bit easy for the next 1500 miles or so (well, only revving to around 7500rpm!!)

Next few weekends aren't looking great for me (unfortunately work pressures, not social ones) so maybe one evening during the week?

:rock:

Originally posted by Big Ed
Cool!

Car had it's run in service on Monday, so can give a bit more stick now - still taking it a bit easy for the next 1500 miles or so (well, only revving to around 7500rpm!!)

Next few weekends aren't looking great for me (unfortunately work pressures, not social ones) so maybe one evening during the week?

:rock:

Done.

Don't forget the video footage chaps ;)

--
Antony

Not so sure about that - could be used as evidence against us....

:D

Hehe, like that legendary Japanese gentleman who videotaped himself driving in excess of the speed limit in his shiny new Ferrari? Just imagine recording the speedo and then taking a moment to pose for the camera with a nice cheesy grin. Talk about incriminating oneself.

--
Antony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom