SL55 dyno'd today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL55-blackrep

Car
Sl55 AMG
I put my huge milage 163,000 2004 SL55 on a respected dyno today (it has a reputation for not being over enthusiastic)

It made
499 Engine bhp
410 Wheel bhp
683 NM torque

I was suprised it made so much as the only performance mods im aware of is the cats have been removed.

Maybe it has been mapped or would people say this is to be expected and stock cars make this much power even after that much milage and 13 years of age.

Attachments

• IMG_6778.jpg
    IMG_6778.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 49
These numbers tell a good story. Your engine is on great form. Congrats! I believe horses escape because of neglect rather than age. Sadly those two go hand in hand sometimes.

I put my huge milage 163,000 2004 SL55 on a respected dyno today (it has a reputation for not being over enthusiastic)

It made
499 Engine bhp
410 Wheel bhp
683 NM torque

I was suprised it made so much as the only performance mods im aware of is the cats have been removed.

Maybe it has been mapped or would people say this is to be expected and stock cars make this much power even after that much milage and 13 years of age.

Wonder how much fuel has been through that engine :D

That is great numbers engine looks strong and maybe a little tune in there

Its 163k but has 13 stamps at mercedes and lots of history nothing to suggest a tune.

Attachments

• IMG_6697.jpg
    IMG_6697.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 34
Is there anyway the merc star system can tell me if the ecu has been modified?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom