SL55 exhaust modifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zarnd

Car
SL55 AMG
Has anyone got a before and after video of an SL55 once centre silencers and secondary cats have been removed?

Does anyone sell a kit to replace or is it fabrication only?

One of my technicians at work is keen to do it for me and he is very good. He has come back to us after spending 6 months building the McLaren P1.

cheers

If he is handy with bending stainless steel as well as welding then yes it's doable.

See my thread further down ref my system fitted earlier this week. The set up on your SL55 is pretty much the same.

Jules

Would you mind sharing cost to have yours done and the amount of time it took to complete?

Thanks

Mine has the massive rear silencers removed.Save the tips and have two pipes made,easy.the resulting sound is fantastic.

Mine is going in for a complete hand made stainless system in a week or so, this also includes a pair of manifolds.
I will take pics of the whole before and after thing, also going to get a before and after dyno figures :D

Has anyone got before and after videos? Have had a Google and there is not a great deal of videos about that show a before and after.

Cheers

Any loss of power at all? If I do it then I want it to be the same but just a bit louder :)

Any recommendations for getting this done near Tunbridge Wells?

Cheers

No loss off power and likely increased or that maybe just the affect our the better sound. Mine was done at PCS near Portsmouth. Recommended.

This is a cracking thread:
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/amg-lounge/185497-exhaust-cross-over-pipe.html

Be warned, not all modders are happy with the end result, some sounds turn out not to be what they were after, others comment on a power drop. The feeling I get is that it has to be done PROPERLY by a guy who has done this before. They recommend someone who does a superb job apparently. A typical example of where there is confusion is the X portion of the pipes and where they join and perhaps more importantly HOW they join at this point to prevent back resistance of the exhaust gases.
PS: Don't forget to tell your insurance company or it could be null and void!

Good luck

I think I need to try and listen one first before I go ahead and do it. I did exhaust work on my M5 that I had before and replaced manifolds and cats and removed the centre silencer and had an x pipe and Eisenmann rear boxes and it was great but too loud so reverted to standard rear boxes, centre silencer and manifolds and race cars and it was lovely.

Do many people replace manifolds on SL's? Big job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom