SL55 gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silvergriff

Car
sl55 amg
Hi All

Anyone had a problem with there gearbox after remap and mods, currently running 550HP with 788Nm. Slight oily burning smell coming from underneath engine area when idling, never had this before tune. 🤔

Pete

I had an E55K with the same drive train as your SL and I never had any issues at 600BHP with 800Nm.

It may be the known valve cover gasket leaking oil which is dripping on to the exhaust manifold.
That's the first place I'd check.
As above, having the car remapped shouldn't be the cause of any oily burning smell.

It may be the known valve cover gasket leaking oil which is dripping on to the exhaust manifold.
As above, having the car remapped shouldn't be the cause of any oily burning smell.
Was just worried about cooking the oil in the gearbox had a set to with an R8, thats just say he was very embarressed ;)

I found this excellent 'how to' video for changing the valve cover gaskets... if it turns out to be that issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I found this excellent 'how to' video for changing the valve cover gaskets... if it turns out to be that issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks John757 will have a look over the week end đź‘Ť

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom